Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mary Halvorson 8/15/07 Barbes, Brooklyn, NY

Mary Halvorson 8/15/07 Barbes, Brooklyn, NY 





MH gtr, John Hebert b , Ches Smith dr--edirol r9 w/internal mics--60 min 

 Have not had a chance to see MH, but I've seen Ches more than a few times with SC3 and Good For Cows. Got the heavy hands like Jim Black, great drummer. Halvorson goes from straight up jazzy bop stuff to pretty noisy, all in one set. I need to hear her in the DCW stuff with Anthony Braxton, I'm sure that would be killer....


halvorson_8_15_07.zip (310.43 MB)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UO6I2OGG
 

3 comments:

  1. Any chance you could reupload this to a different site? I think I might've been at this show. Definitely saw this trio in the last few years at Barbes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will see if I can dig it out

    ReplyDelete
  3. one trip thru the stacks, and no glot! maybe will try again, soon!

    ReplyDelete