Monday, March 19, 2012

reup by request Mary Halvorson 8/15/07 Barbes, Brooklyn, NY

Mary Halvorson 8/15/07 Barbes, Brooklyn, NY 





MH gtr, John Hebert b , Ches Smith dr--edirol r9 w/internal mics--60 min 

 Have not had a chance to see MH, but I've seen Ches more than a few times with SC3 and Good For Cows. Got the heavy hands like Jim Black, great drummer. Halvorson goes from straight up jazzy bop stuff to pretty noisy, all in one set. I need to hear her in the DCW stuff with Anthony Braxton, I'm sure that would be killer....

Just saw Ches with Tim Berne's Snakeoil......now must say, I think I like him better in a more rock band setting, less so on jazz sets.....

YMMV

halvorson_8_15_07.zip (310.43 MB)


new linkY!!


https://hotfile.com/dl/149730485/23ae469/halvorson_8_15_07.zip.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Got this last round I think...

    There seem to be mixed reactions to Ches on those Snakeoil sets. He can be a little busy, but I thought he was good on the one I saw, with perhaps a lighter touch than some of the others I've heard. As you say he can have the heavy hands. I think his playing is a lot more varied more than Black though, but other opinions will certainly differ...

    ReplyDelete